THE REGENERATIVE BUSINESS PRIZE
This prize honors businesses in pursuit of a regenerative business paradigm as articulated in the seven “First Principles” of Regeneration. Honorees will be businesses with a deep and extended scope of aspiration to pursue and achieve shifts in one or more industries, show transformation in a social system, work to unravel and evolve cultural paradigms, and leverage governing agreements to give them new life and meaning.
“Recipients of the Regenerative Business Prize will be businesses with a deep and extended scope of aspiration to pursue and achieve shifts in one or more industries, show transformation in a social system, work to unravel and evolve cultural paradigms, and leverage governing agreements to give them new life and meaning.” – Carol Sanford
Prize honorees will receive:
- A featured spotlight in our Annual Regeneration Summit Report;
- A permanent video feature linked on the Carol Sanford Vimeo Channel and highlighted on our website and accessible directly;
- Social media promotion for two months on multiple platforms including Facebook, LinkedIn and Twitter;
- Featured in a blog on the Carol Sanford Institute website that goes to all our subscribers and is also syndicated on Sustainable Brands’ list of 450k subscribers;
- A digital badge for your website denoting your award;
- A podcast interview we promote and post on our Vimeo channel and link to our website;
- Inscribed award for display;
- Recognition of award from our prominent judges on their channels.
“You come back home and you’re energized! Taking yourself to another level in terms of who you are as a businessperson, in terms of how you’re bringing forth your essence stronger to have an impact in the world—those are reasons to go [to the Summit].”
– Alicia Silva, Founder, CEO Revitalization Architects, Mexico City
Listen to Audio
Seven Phases to increase depth and preparation
1. Pre-proposal Submissions: March 1 – April 21
Smaller concept pre-proposal papers are requested using the pre-proposal form. This step is new in 2017 and is highly recommended.
2. Pre-proposal Review: April 15-30
Pre-proposal papers are reviewed and returned with written comments to help on the next round. Reviews will fall into three categories: strongly encouraged to submit, encouraged to submit, or needs work.
3. Application Process Webinar: May 5
Nominators are invited to attend a webinar on the application process. Advice will be given on how to increase scores on the Rubric. The webinar will be recorded and posted for later viewing or review.
4. Nomination Period: May 1- 19
Companies are nominated using the nomination form , describing how the nominee uses principles of regeneration. Self-nomination is highly encouraged. An interview with the business’ founder is highly recommended to inform the nomination content. Click here for a rubric to help guide this interview and further outline the prize criteria. Click here for a sample nomination form, submitted by the Global Honoree of the 2016 Regenerative Business Prize.
5. Semi-finalists & Jury Panel announced: June 5
Semi-finalists for the Regenerative Business Prize will be announced across each of the six core value streams of fooding, sheltering, transacting, adorning, recreating, and communing. Check this page for the list of our twenty one semi-finalists for the 2016 Regenerative Business Prize. Members of the Regenerative Business Prize Jury will also be announced. Learn more about the 2017 jurists here, all pre-eminent contributors to the world of regeneration.
6. Honorees announced: August 21
The 2017 Regenerative Business Prize honorees are announced online and in a press release.
7. Global Honoree announced: September 25 – Seattle, WA
The Global Honoree of the Regenerative Business Prize is announced at the celebration dinner and launch of the Regenerative Business Summit in Seattle, Washington.
“It was a great, fun, party with all the learning of new ways of looking at things. Where would you ever go to hang out with people who are striding on the edge of personal and societal transformation?”
– Jan Dietrick, General Manager, Rincon-Vitova Insectaries, 2016 Regenerative Business Prize Global Honoree and Fooding Honoree
Listen to Audio
CONGRATULATIONS TO THE 2017 QUARTER-FINALISTS:
Food Lovers Market
New Hope Network
Private Energy Partners
2017 Underwriting Champions
Some of the Participating Businesses
International Living Futures Institute
The Bark House
Babson Executive Education
Kauffman Foundation Entrepreneurs
The Decurion Corporation
Terra Genesis International
Google Food Lab
Goodly Brand Foods
La Rousse Seattle Boutique Salon
Second Line Designs
Penn State University
Two Wolves, SP